Dr. TL Osborn's Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, November 8, 2009

    Contemplating God's Abundance



    Contemplating God’s abundance helped us to draw courage and renewed faith to meet our task. We learned to release Jesus within us to stand up tall in our boat and to calm our storm.

    Knowing that God has big ideas for us, we have always been re-energized to thing big with Him.

    When we were in the Papua New Guinea mountains, teaching those precious people these secrets, I was intrigued by the Pidgin English translation of I Timothy 1:12 which, with my adaptation to make it understandable to you, goes something like this:

    This Big Fellow that belongs to me, Jesus Christ; he gives me strong power. He thinks I am good enough to do all of his works and he put me in the big work of His. For this I thank this Big Fellow, Jesus, who lives inside me now.

    Clearly, the Papua New Guinea people have captured the essence: God has big ideas for you and for me.

    John 1:12 is a big idea: To all who receive Jesus Christ, God gives the power to become children of God.

    God dares to believe in you enough to transform you into His own child, as quick as you believe on Jesus and welcome Him into your life.

    Mark 11:24 is a big idea: What things so ever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

    God has such grand ideas about you that he commits the honor of his world to see that if you ask Him for anything you desire, and you believe His word, you will have it.

    John 14:12-13 is another big idea: Anyone believing in me will do the same miracles I have done, and even greater ones, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask Him for anything, using my name,. and I will do it.

    What trust God puts in us!

    David looked into the heavens. He considered how big God is. Then he began to think big.

    That’s what you are doing right now.

    From "The Best of Life" by Dr. T.L. Osborn. order it here
    Send your prayer requests here
    To partner with our Togo Africa trip donate here

    No comments:

    Post a Comment