Dr. TL Osborn's Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 16, 2009

    Damiano's Miracle


    Damiano Bitatinya's miracle shook the city of Kampala and every one of the multitude of people who witnessed it take place. God impressed us to include this special miracle because the same compassion and love that touched and healed this poor, helpless man, can touch you too as you read about it.

    This miracle account is a modern up-to-date chapter in the continuing Book of Acts. Read it with faith and expect to receive from God whatever yo need, in Jesus' name!

    I saw this poor man, clad in rages, near the Lugogo Stadium, staggering on trembling, incoherent legs, propped on two long poles, struggling alone toward our crusade grounds. Red dust was thick. The press of people was frantic. They were carrying lame and sick folks, leading the blind, etc. But Damiano's lonely silhouette of despair would not leave my eyes.

    As I watched him from our car window, the Lord whispered to me: "God raises the poor out of the dust, and lifts the needy out of the dunghill; that he may set him with the princes of his people." -Psalm 1113:7-8

    I saw the nation of Uganda, in that forsaken, unloved, despairing man - alone, without hope or faith.

    Daisy and I had come to this despairing, looted and brutalized nation, to tell them: "Uganda, God loves you! God values you! God paid for you! He needs you! If you will believe on Him and reach out to Him, He will save and heal you and give you a new beginning!"

    As you read this, God is saying that to you, as much as He was saying it to those people of Uganda. His touch of wonder is reaching out to YOU -now!

    We passed the poor man by as we rode in on the grounds, but when I reached the platform, I could not erase the silhouette of that lonely, hopeless and unloved human person from my mind.

    The Lord impressed me to call for him and to make an example of him before the multitude, to underscore the fact that God paid the same price for each person, and loved each one equally, regardless of how poor or sick or sinful anyone may be.

    When I went to the microphone, I described the man to the people and they found him and helped him to come to me on the platform.

    There before the multitude, I used him as an object lesson. I said, "Even if you are poor, in rags, alone and sick, God values you. He has sent Daisy and me to tell you, HE NEEDS YOU! HE PAID FOR YOU! TRUST HIM, CALL ON HIM and HE WILL SAVE and HEAL YOU; he will GIVE YOU His NEW LIFE, and A NEW BEGINNING!"

    The people clapped and wept at the same time.

    I called the poor man by his name: "Damiano, you are special to God. you've begged and crawled long enough! I bring you good news! You are not forsaken. Jesus paid for you. He needs you! In His name I love you. Only believe!"

    I told the people: "What God does for this man, He will do for every Ugandan who believes!"

    I told Damiano about Jesus and he accepted Christ. I led him in prayer to be saved.

    Then I pulled Damiano to me and I loved Him. I called out with a loud voice: "Oh, you spirit of infirmity, leave this dear man forever, in Jesus' name!" Then I held him and imparted God's love and the healing presence of Jesus Christ.

    I took the two poles from his hands and said, "Damiano, you've staggered long enough. Animals crawl, but you are a man in God's image! Let's go! Walk! Jesus heals you! You are no longer a beggar! You are valuable! You are a child of God, with dignity and new life!"

    Damiano walked, taking strong steps! Then amidst tears, he broke into a glorious smile! The miracle was done! He flung his arms around me in a grasp of love and gratitude. I'll never forget that embrace. A beggar had become a prince in God's family!

    I said: "Damiano, thank you for your love! Daisy and I are richer now because you are our new brother." He was worth all that we did to bring God's love and miracle power to Uganda.

    To Daisy and me, that is God's number one Job! To go to the forgotten, the lonely, the unloved, the disinherited, the sick, the fearful those in despair...to go in Jesus' name and to help them discover their value to God, and to humanity; to lift and heal and save them and to give them dignity, pride and salvation.

    I told Damiano: "Sit in my chair. you are one of God's choice people now!" As he sat there, smiling and happy, he looked like a prince.

    We arranged for Damiano to have good food, a bath, a bed and new clothes. The next day, he came looking like a re-created wonder of God's love and power. he embraced me and laid his head on my shoulder. We were new friends!

    Damiano is on of thousands transformed in the Kampala Crusade. For nearly four decades, in over 70 nations, we have seen Love's miracles like this. In preachers and workers, it is another kind of miracle. Their message is changed from condemnation and judgment to love and GOOD news.

    Damiano, our new brother, has been raised from despair to become a member of royalty through the compassion and powerful love of Jesus Christ.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment